The old stone house

By Bunny Baker

By Herbert Abraham, July 3, 1887

The old two-story house known as 120 West Eighth Street, in Bristow, was built for the late Joe and Fannie Abraham by local stone masons in 1905. The stone masons were Dooley Richardson and his family. The stones were carved from original rough, large stones quarried from the west part of the present Bristow Memorial Cemetery. Each stone on the house is individually hand carved.

Joe and Fannie Longacre Abraham raised five children in the old stone house. Louis, the oldest child was born in the upstairs living area of a stone building at 120 North Main Street, originally owned by Joe Abraham.

To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://www.etypeservices.com/Bristow%20NewsID383/

Rate this article: 
No votes yet